School of Science announces 2022 Infinite Expansion Awards- Times Of Nation
The MIT School of Science has announced eight postdocs and research scientists as recipients of the 2022 Infinite Expansion Award.
The award, formerly known as the Infinite Kilometer Award, was created in 2012 to highlight extraordinary members of the MIT science community. The awardees are nominated not only for their research, but for going above and beyond in mentoring junior colleagues, participating in educational programs, and contributing to their departments, labs, and research centers, the school, and the Institute.
The 2022 School of Science Infinite Expansion winners are-
- Héctor de Jesús-Cortés, a postdoc in the Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, nominated by professor and Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences (BCS) head Michale Fee, professor and McGovern Institute for Brain Research Director Robert Desimone, professor and Picower Institute Director Li-Huei Tsai, professor and associate BCS head Laura Schulz, associate professor and associate BCS head Joshua McDermott, and professor and BCS Postdoc Officer Mark Bear for his ‘awe-inspiring commitment of time and energy to research, outreach, education, mentorship, and community;’
- Harold Erbin, a postdoc in the Laboratory for Nuclear Science’s Institute for Artificial Intelligence and Fundamental Interactions (IAIFI), nominated by professor and IAIFI Director Jesse Thaler, associate professor and IAIFI Deputy Director Mike Williams, and associate professor and IAIFI Early Career and Equity Committee Chair Tracy Slatyer for ‘provid[ing] exemplary service on the IAIFI Early Career and Equity Committee’ and being ‘actively involved in many other IAIFI community building efforts;’
- Megan Hill, a postdoc in the Department of Chemistry, nominated by Professor Jeremiah Johnson for being an ‘outstanding scientist’ who has ‘also made exceptional contributions to our community through her mentorship activities and participation in Women in Chemistry;’
- Kevin Kuns, a postdoc in the Kavli Institute for Astrophysics and Space Research, nominated by Associate Professor Matthew Evans for ‘consistently go[ing] beyond expectations;’
- Xingcheng Lin, a postdoc in the Department of Chemistry, nominated by Associate Professor Bin Zhang for being ‘very talented, extremely hardworking, and genuinely enthusiastic about science;’
- Alexandra Pike, a postdoc in the Department of Biology, nominated by Professor Stephen Bell for ‘not only excel[ing] in the laboratory’ but also being ‘an exemplary citizen in the biology department, contributing to teaching, community, and to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the department;’
- Nora Shipp, a postdoc with the Kavli Institute for Astrophysics and Space Research, nominated by Assistant Professor Lina Necib for being ‘independent, efficient, with great leadership qualities’ with ‘impeccable’ research; and
- Jakob Voigts, a research scientist in the McGovern Institute for Brain Research, nominated by Associate Professor Mark Harnett and his laboratory for ‘contribut[ing] to the growth and development of the lab and its members in numerous and irreplaceable ways.’
Winners are honored with a monetary award and will be celebrated with family, friends, and nominators at a later date, along with recipients of the Infinite Mile Award.
(News Source -Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by Times Of Nation staff and is published from a news.mit.edu feed.)
Read Also- Latest News | Current Affairs News | Today News | English News | World News Today
TimesofNation.com offer news and information like- English newspaper today | today English news | English news live | times India | today news in English in India | breaking news in India today | India TV news today & Hindustan News.
You can Read on TimesofNation.com latest news today, breaking news headlines, Top news. Discover national and international news on economy, politics, defence, sports, world news & other relatively current affair’s news.